- Bucerius Law School
- European Distance Learning University Hamburg
- MSH Medical School Hamburg
- IU International University of Applied Sciences
- Macromedia University of Applied Sciences
- Fresenius University of Applied Sciences
- Carl Remigius Medical School
- Charlotte Fresenius University
- AMD Akademie Mode & Design
- FOM University of Applied Sciences
- University of Europe for Applied Sciences (UE) - Campus Hamburg
- University of Applied Management
- HFH Hamburger Fern-Hochschule
- International School of Management
- SRH University of Applied Health Sciences
- IB Hochschule für Gesundheit und Soziales
- Other private universities in Hamburg
- Dual study in Hamburg
- Medical studies at private universities in Hamburg
- State universities
Hamburg is a lively and vibrant university city that offers a wide range of state and private universities.
The state universities in Hamburg include renowned institutions such as the University of Hamburg, the Technical University of Hamburg, the Helmut Schmidt University of the Federal Armed Forces and the Hamburg Police Academy, to name but a few.
In addition to the state universities, the many private universities also offer prospective students in Hamburg a wealth of degree programmes.
For example, the renowned Bucerius Law School, the European Distance Learning University Hamburg (Euro-FH), the Medical School Hamburg, the IU International University of Applied Sciences, the Fresenius University of Applied Sciences and other well-known private universities can be found here.
Hamburg is a city with a high quality of life and offers students an excellent infrastructure. The city has a well-developed public transport system that allows students to get to their lectures and seminars quickly and easily by bus, train or underground.
In addition, students in Hamburg are offered a wide range of leisure and recreational opportunities. The city has a beautiful harbour, which is one of the largest in Europe and offers a unique mix of old town and modern architecture.
There are many parks and green spaces such as the Stadtpark, Planten un Blomen and Altonaer Volkspark. In addition, Hamburg is known for its vibrant nightlife, with bars, clubs and music events taking place all year round.
There are also many opportunities for sporty students to get active in Hamburg. There are many gyms and sports clubs in the city that offer a wide range of activities, including football, basketball, volleyball, yoga, Pilates and much more.
Hamburg City Park has a 400-metre running track, an outdoor swimming pool and a golf course, while Hamburg Harbour offers water sports such as sailing, canoeing and water skiing.