- No numerus clausus, report mark does not play a role for admission
- You can choose to study in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Cologne or Munich; you can change your study location as you wish during the course of your studies.
- 2 integrated semesters abroad in China and the USA
- Interesting specialisations, for example in International Market, Consumer, and Media Psychology or in International Organizational Psychology
In order to be able to study at Fresenius University of Applied Sciences, applicants must prove that they have the necessary qualifications (university entrance qualification). This is proven by:
- the general higher education entrance qualification (Abitur), which entitles the holder to study at all higher education institutions and in all federal states,
- or the subject-related entrance qualification (Fachgebundene Hochschulreife), which entitles the holder to study in the corresponding subject area and in the federal states shown on the certificate,
- or the entrance qualification for studies at universities of applied sciences (Fachhochschulreife), which entitles the holder to study at a university of applied sciences (Fachhochschule) or in a tiered course of study at a university in the federal states shown on the certificate.
Alternatively, you can also be admitted without an Abitur or Fachhochschulreife. The following is a prerequisite for studying without an Abitur:
- you have passed a master craftsman's examination.
- or you have a qualification in accordance with the Ordinance on the Access of Vocationally Qualified Persons to Universities in the State of Hesse, i.e. either a qualification from a vocational upgrading course of at least 400 hours, a qualification from a technical college or a vocational or administrative academy, or a passed final examination in a state-recognised training occupation followed by at least three years of professional activity and passing a separate university entrance examination.
- In the case of foreign degrees, the equivalence must be proven for admission.
Applicants who have obtained a subject-linked higher education entrance qualification or a higher technical college entrance qualification but whose certificate does not list the state of Hesse, please contact us on the free info hotline 0800/3400400 or arrange a callback - we will be happy to help you and look forward to your call!
Study content and specialisations
The International Business Management degree programme introduces students to the diverse tasks and areas of business. All subjects are taught in English, so that graduates are not only best prepared for jobs with internationally active companies in Germany, but also for assignments abroad.
The special highlight that gives students the necessary international polish: Two integrated semesters abroad! Students spend the fourth semester in China and the fifth in the USA. In addition to the unique opportunity to view and learn business issues from a different perspective, students also develop valuable intercultural skills and gain important experience. Furthermore, students learn essential key skills as well as social competences throughout their studies and have the opportunity to learn new foreign languages. This will set them apart from other graduates in the labour market.
The curriculum includes the following modules:
- Semester 1: International Business and Strategic Management, Bookceeping and Cost Accounting, Mathematics and Statistics I, Marketing, Social Media Marketing and E-Commerce, Business English, Academic Writing, Self and Time Management, Presentation Techniques
- Semester 2: Financial and Investment Appraisal, Mathematics and Statistics II, Microeconomics, Market Research and Empirical Research Methods, Digital Projekt Management and Practical Project, Chinese: Madarin for Beginners, International Business and Management Consulting
- Semester 3: Financial Accounting, Macroeconomics, International Human Resources and Diversity Management, Digital Transformation and Change Management, Consumer Behaviour and Market Psychology, Advanced Practical Project
- Semester 4: Data Science and Data Analytics, International and Intercultural Management, Major I, Compulsory Elective Module
- Semester 5: (Harvard) Business Case Studies, International Business Ethics and Sustainability, Internship, Major II
- Semester 6: Global Supply Chain Management and Logistics, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management, Management Game, Strategic Networking and Personal Branding, Bachelor's Thesis
In the course of your studies, you will also delve into exciting specialisations such as International Management (Shanghai), International Market, Consumer, and Media Psychology (Shanghai), International Marketing Management (New York), International Finance and Accounting (New York), International Human Resource Management (New York), International Organizational Psychology (Sydney).
If you wish, you can integrate an internship semester into your course of study. If you decide on an internship semester, the standard period of study is extended to 7 semesters and you acquire a total of 210 ECTS points in your studies.
All study locations from Berlin to Munich
Fresenius University of Applied Sciences offers the Bachelor's programme in International Business Management at a total of 3 locations in Germany. Practical: If you would like to get to know a new city during your studies, simply change to one of the university's other campuses.
Berlin: In Berlin, the Fresenius University of Applied Sciences operates a campus for the Department of Business & Media at Jaegerstrasse 32, i.e. in Berlin-Mitte directly at the Gendarmenmarkt. Another campus for the Fashion & Design faculty is located in Prenzlauer Berg. As the federal capital and political centre, Berlin is also an exciting university city - there are around 170,000 students in Berlin.
Cologne: Cologne, the vibrant city of 1.1 million in North Rhine-Westphalia, not only offers plenty of culture and entertainment. The city is also one of the most important business locations in Germany. In particular, the city is home to media, insurance, food and chemical companies - so the chances of starting a career in Cologne after graduation are particularly high. The Business & Media Campus and the Health & Social Campus of the university are located directly in the MediaPark, the business park for media companies in the Neustadt-Nord district of Cologne.
Dusseldorf: Dusseldorf is an important business location for the advertising,
telecommunications, fashion and management consultancy. Due to the colourful mix of industries that are at home in Dusseldorf, the city is ideally suited for a top career start after graduation. You will find the Fresenius University of Applied Sciences in Dusseldorf at a total of 3 locations, at Platz der Ideen, in Faehrstrasse and in Karl-Friedrich-Klees-Strasse.
Munich: Munich is one of the cities with the highest quality of life in Germany. The Bavarian capital not only offers an enormous range of culture and sights, but also a beautiful surrounding area with numerous lakes. With its many well-known, internationally active companies, Munich is one of Germany's strongest economic cities. The Fresenius University of Applied Sciences has two campuses in Munich: The Business & Media Campus is located in Schwabing on Infanteriestrasse, the Health & Social Campus is on Charles-de-Gaulle-Strasse.
Similar degree programmes at Fresenius University of Applied Sciences
- B.A. Business Administration, Campus studies: Learn about the diverse tasks in business in the Business Administration degree programme! What makes a company successful? How do you use financial resources optimally? How do you make the right planning and organisational decisions as an entrepreneur and manager?
- LL.B. Business Law: The Fresenius University of Applied Sciences trains students to become legal managers with its Bachelor's degree programme in Business Law and offers a professionally qualifying academic degree that combines legal and business management content - adapted to the requirements of business life.
- B.A. Human Resource Management, Distance learning: This degree programme systematically provides you with knowledge in the areas of labour law, personnel psychology, but also in personnel marketing and employer branding while you work. You can choose to study full-time in 6 semesters or part-time in 8-12 semesters using the 3 pillars of Fresenius distance learning: Studynet, Studymag and Studycoach.