- Master's program without compulsory attendance at Germany's largest university
- Start of studies possible at any time, no semester operation
- Interesting specializations, for example in marketing management
- Master's program in only 2-4 semesters with 60 ECTS or in 4-8 semesters with 120 ECTS
These are the prerequisites for the Master Marketing Management
The Master Marketing Management is offered by IU International University in 2 variants: the 60 ECTS variant lasts 2 semesters in full-time study, the 120 ECTS variant lasts 4 semesters in full-time study.
For both variants, a first degree from a state-recognized or state-run university is required, such as a bachelor's or master's degree. The final grade of your degree should be at least "Satisfactory."
For the 60 ECTS variant, the following is also required:
- If your first degree comprises 240 ECTS and you can prove at least 1 year of qualified professional experience, you can be enrolled in the Master's program immediately.
- If your first degree comprises 210 ECTS and you can demonstrate at least 1 year of qualified professional experience, you can be enrolled immediately in the Master's program in Marketing Management. Alternatively, you take modules at IU amounting to at least 30 ECTS after.
- If your first degree comprises 180 ECTS, you will enroll in courses amounting to at least 30 ECTS and additionally prove professional experience of at least 1 year. Alternatively, you prove at least 2 years of qualified work experience.
For the 120 ECTS variant, the following is also required:
- Your first degree should have a major in economics or business administration
- If your first degree does not have a corresponding focus, you will take a master's access examination. If you pass this, you will be enrolled in the Master Marketing Management.
In addition, you can choose to complete this master's program in German or English language of instruction. If you choose the English language option, you will prove your English proficiency via TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English test, Cambridge certificate or similar. If you wish, you can also take a free English course at the B2 level at IU.
In addition, you can have extensive prior achievements recognized to shorten the study time in distance learning and to save tuition fees. For example, achievements that you have made in previous master programs can be recognized. The university can also recognize extensive work experience in the field of marketing management. It is best to submit your application for recognition right away with your application.
This is what you will study in the online degree programme Marketing Management
This master's degree at IU comprises about 9-16 modules, which you will take and complete over the course of 2-4 semesters of standard study time. Each module has a scope of 5-10 credit points (ECTS) and concludes with an examination such as a term paper or a written exam. In total, you will acquire 60-120 credit points from module to module and from semester to semester.
The typical study plan for full-time study of the 60 ECTS variant looks as follows:
- Semester 1: International Consumer Behavior, Applied Marketing Research, Online and Social Media Marketing, International Marketing, Advanced Research Methods, Digital Business Models
- Semester 2: Seminar: Current Issues in Marketing, Elective A, Master Thesis
In addition, choose one of these specializations: Digital Marketing Controlling, E-Commerce, Communication and Public Relations, Media, Communication Psychology and PR, Product Development and Design Thinking, Sales Management, Strategic Marketing and Branding, UI/UX Expert, Salesforce Consultant Specialization.
In the 120 ECTS variant you will complete these modules:
- Semester 1: International marketing, research methodology, consumer behavior, applied statistics, market research, online and social media marketing
- Semester 2: Seminar: Marketing Responsibility, Strategic Management, Advanced Marketing Controlling, Digital Business Models, Digital Analytics and Strategies, Seminar Current Issues in Marketing
- Semester 3: Marketing Project, Leadership, Compulsory Elective Module A, Compulsory Elective Module B
- Semester 4: Master thesis
As first specialization choose one of these modules: Business Intelligence, E-commerce, Communication and Public Relations, Media, Communication Psychology and PR, Product Development and Design Thinking, Sales Management, Strategic Marketing and Branding, UI/UX Expert.
As your second specialization, choose one of these modules: Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Business Intelligence, E-Commerce, Human Resource Management, Real Estate Management, IT Management, IT Law and Cyber Security, Communication and Public Relations, Media, Communication Psychology and PR, New Work, Recruitment and Development, Product Development and Design Thinking, Employment Law, Salesforce Consultant Specialization, Strategic Hospitality Management, Strategic Aviation Management, Strategic Service Management, Strategic Tourism Management, Strategic Marketing and Branding, UI/UX Expert.
How flexible is the standard period of study in the distance learning program Marketing Management
At IU International University, you choose one of 3 study models in part-time distance learning:
- In the full-time study, the standard period of study is 2 semesters for the 60 ECTS variant and 4 semesters for the 120 ECTS variant. You can extend the standard period of study by up to 2 semesters at no additional cost. The full-time study in marketing management is particularly suitable for those who are not working or only a few hours a week.
- In the part-time study I the standard period of study is 3 semesters for the 60 ECTS variant and 6 semesters for the 120 ECTS variant. You can extend the standard period of study by up to 2 semesters at no additional cost. The part-time study I is suitable, for example, if you work part-time in addition to your studies.
- In the part-time study II the standard period of study is 4 semesters for the 60 ECTS variant and 8 semesters for the 120 ECTS variant. You can extend the standard period of study by up to 2 semesters at no additional cost. The part-time study II is particularly suitable if you are strongly involved in your job in addition to your distance learning.
By the way, you can also take a leave semester during the course of study, at no additional cost.
What is the online study process at IU?
In the master's distance learning program in marketing management at IU International University, there is no compulsory attendance - you learn throughout from home, in the library of your choice, or wherever you can learn best.
You take your modules and courses when you want. This usually gives you the flexibility to arrange your own study schedule and semester schedule.
Central to the IU distance learning program are your interactive learning scripts. You can get the scripts in printed form as well as digitally as PDFs and for your tablet. The smart app IU Learn gives you access to both the scripts for your degree in marketing management and scripts from all other distance learning programs at IU.
You'll also access supplemental materials, such as videos, through myCampus, IU's online campus. You can exchange information with your lecturers and fellow students in live virtual formats, for example, via the interactive courses.
And exams? If you wish, you can write them as online exams. You can take an online exam around the clock as soon as you feel sufficiently prepared for the subject matter. Alternatively, you can write the exam at one of the IU's numerous exam centers throughout Germany.