- Master's program without compulsory attendance at Germany's largest university
- Start of studies possible at any time, no semester operation
- Interesting specializations, for example in change management and agility
- Master program in only 2-4 semesters with 60 ECTS or in 4-8 semesters with 120 ECTS
- Language of instruction optionally German or English
These are the prerequisites for the Master of Human Resource Management
The Master of Human Resource Management is offered by IU International University in 2 variants: the 60-ECTS variant lasts 2 semesters in full-time study, the 120-ECTS variant lasts 4 semesters in full-time study.
For both variants, a first degree from a state-recognized or state-run university is required, such as a bachelor's or master's degree. The final grade of your degree should be at least "Satisfactory."
For the 60 ECTS variant, the following is also required:
- If your first degree comprises 240 ECTS and you can prove at least 1 year of qualified professional experience, you can be enrolled in the Master's program immediately.
- If your first degree comprises 210 ECTS and you can demonstrate at least 1 year of qualified professional experience, you can be enrolled immediately in the Master's program in Human Resource Management.
- If your first degree comprises 180 ECTS, you take courses amounting to at least 30 ECTS and additionally prove professional experience of at least 1 year. Alternatively, you prove at least 2 years of qualified work experience.
For the 120 ECTS variant, the following is also required:
- Your first degree should have a major in economics or business administration.
- If your first degree does not have a corresponding focus, you will take a master's access exam. Pass this, you will be enrolled in the Master of Human Resource Management.
In addition, you can choose whether you complete this master's program in German or in English language of instruction. If you choose the English language option, prove your English language skills via TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English test, Cambridge certificate or similar. If you wish, you can also take a free English course at the B2 level at IU.
In addition, you can have extensive prior achievements recognized to shorten the study time in distance learning and to save tuition fees. For example, achievements that you have made in previous master programs can be recognized. The university can also recognize extensive work experience in the field of human resources management. It is best to submit your application for recognition right away with your application.
These are the study contents in the online study programme Human Resource Management
This master's degree at IU comprises about 8 modules, which you take and complete over the course of 2 semesters of standard study time. Each module has a scope of 5-10 credit points (ECTS) and concludes with an examination such as a term paper or a written exam. In total, you will earn 60 credit points from module to module and from semester to semester.
In the 60 ECTS variant, the full-time study program is structured as follows:
- Semester 1: Human Resource Management I, Human Resource Management II, Employer Branding und Recruiting, Talentmanagement und Personalentwicklung, People Analytics und Big Data, Forschungsmethodik
- Semester 2: Seminar International HR Management, Elective Module A, Master Thesis
As a specialization, you can choose from these exciting modules: Corporate Health Management, Change Management and Agility Diversity Management, Human Performance Communication and Coaching, Concepts of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Personality Psychology and Diagnostic Procedures, Law of Employment Relations.
In the 120 ECTS variant, the full-time program is structured as follows
- Semester 3: Human Resource Management I, Human Resource Management II, Strategic Management, Research Methodology, Individual Employment Law, Current Issues in Collective Employment Law
- Semester 4: Applied Statistics, Employer Branding and Recruiting, Talent Management and Human Resource Development, Human Resource Management Project, Leadership, New Work
- Semester 5: People Analytics and Big Data, International HR Management Seminar, Elective Module A, Elective Module B
- Semester 6: Master Thesis
As your first specialization, choose one of these study modules: Human Performance Communication, Coaching Change Management, Agility, Personality Psychology, Diagnostic Procedures, Concepts of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Occupational Health Management, Diversity Management.
As a second specialization, you will take one of these modules: Human Performance Communication, Coaching Change Management, Agility, Personality Psychology, Diagnostic Procedures, Concepts of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Industrial Health Management, Diversity Management, E-Commerce, Success-Oriented Controlling, Health Care Management A, Health Care Management B, Real Estate Management, International Management, International Marketing and Branding, International Accounting and Finance, IT Management, Communication and Public Relations Management, Consulting, Project Management, Sales Management, Strategic Financial Management, Strategic Hotel Management, Strategic Aviation Management, Strategic Marketing and Branding, Strategic Service Management, Supply Chain Management, Economics.
This is how flexible the standard period of study is in the distance learning program in Human Resource Management
At IU International University, you choose one of 3 study models in part-time distance learning:
- In the full-time study the standard period of study is 2 semesters for the 60 ECTS variant and 4 semesters for the 120 ECTS variant. You can extend the standard period of study by up to 2 semesters at no additional cost. The full-time study in human resource management is particularly suitable for those who are not working or only a few hours a week.
- In the part-time study I the standard period of study is 3 semesters for the 60 ECTS variant and 6 semesters for the 120 ECTS variant. You can extend the standard period of study by up to 2 semesters at no additional cost. The part-time study I is suitable, for example, if you work part-time in addition to your studies.
- In the part-time study II the standard period of study is 4 semesters for the 60 ECTS variant and 8 semesters for the 120 ECTS variant. You can extend the standard period of study by up to 2 semesters at no additional cost. The part-time study II is particularly suitable if you are strongly involved in your job in addition to your distance learning.
By the way, you can also take a leave semester during the course of study, at no additional cost.
What is the online study process at IU?
In the master's distance learning program in human resource management at IU International University, there is no compulsory attendance - you learn throughout from home, in the library of your choice, or wherever you can learn best.
You take your modules and courses when you want. This usually gives you the flexibility to arrange your own study schedule and semester schedule.
Central to the IU distance learning program are your interactive learning scripts. You can get the scripts in printed form as well as digitally as PDFs and for your tablet. The smart app IU Learn gives you access to both the scripts for your degree in human resource management and scripts from all other distance learning programs at IU.
You can also access supplemental materials, such as videos, through myCampus, IU's online campus. You can exchange information with your lecturers and fellow students in live virtual formats, for example, via the interactive courses.
And exams? If you wish, you can write them as online exams. You can take an online exam around the clock as soon as you feel sufficiently prepared for the subject matter. Alternatively, you can write the exam at one of the IU's numerous exam centers throughout Germany.