- Master's program without compulsory attendance at Germany's largest university
- Start of studies possible at any time, no semester operation
- Interesting specializations, for example in cloud computing
- Master's program in only 2-4 semesters with 60 ECTS or in 4-8 semesters with 120 ECTS
These are the prerequisites for the Master of Business and IT
The Master of Business and IT is offered by IU International University in 2 variants: the 60-ECTS variant lasts 2 semesters in full-time study, the 120-ECTS variant lasts 4 semesters in full-time study.
For both variants, a first degree from a state-recognized or state-run university is required, such as a bachelor's or master's degree. The final grade of your degree should be at least "Satisfactory."
For the 60 ECTS variant, the following is also required:
- If your first degree comprises 240 ECTS and you can prove at least 1 year of qualified professional experience, you can be enrolled in the Master's program immediately.
- If your first degree comprises 210 ECTS and you can demonstrate at least 1 year of qualified professional experience, you can be enrolled immediately in the Master's program in Information Systems. Alternatively, you will take modules at IU amounting to at least 30 ECTS after.
- If your first degree comprises 180 ECTS, you will enroll in courses amounting to at least 30 ECTS and additionally prove professional experience of at least 1 year. Alternatively, you prove at least 2 years of qualified work experience.
For the 120 ECTS variant the following is additionally required:
- Your first degree should have a major in economics or computer science.
- If your first degree does not have a corresponding focus, you will take a master's access exam. If you pass this, you will be enrolled in the Master Business and IT.
In addition, you must demonstrate knowledge of at least one programming language for both variants, such as Java or PHP.
In addition, you can have extensive prior achievements recognized to shorten the study time in distance learning and to save tuition fees. For example, achievements that you have made in previous master programs can be recognized. The university can also recognize extensive work experience in the field of business information systems. It is best to submit your application for recognition right away with your application.
This is the study content in the online study Business and IT
This master's degree at IU comprises about 8 modules, which you will take and complete over the course of 2 semesters of standard study time. Each module has a scope of 5-10 credit points (ECTS) and concludes with an examination such as a term paper or a written exam. In total, you will earn 60 credit points from module to module and from semester to semester.
In the 60 ECTS variant, the full-time study program is structured as follows:
- Semester 1: Applied Research, Process Management, Operational Application Systems, Digital Business Models, Information and Knowledge Management, Cyber Security and Data Protection
- Semester 2: Seminar: Societal Challenges in Digitalization, Electives A, Master Thesis
As a specialization, you can choose from these exciting modules: Agile Software Development Techniques and Methods, Cloud Computing, Digital Health, Digital Insurance, E-Commerce, Introduction to Data Science and AI, Management of Requirements, IT Services, and Architecture, Salesforce Consultant Specialization, Salesforce Developer Specialization, Strategic Marketing and Branding, Supply Chain and Sourcing Management, UI/UX Expert.
In the 120 ECTS variant, the full-time program is structured as follows:
- Semester 1: Global Supply Chain Management, Information and Knowledge Management, Requirements Management, Advanced Research Methods, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Data Science
- Semester 2: Customer Relationship Marketing, Artificial Intelligence, Seminar: Societal Challenges in Digitalization, Internet of Things, Management of IT Services and Architecture, Big Data Technologies
- Semester 3: Project: Cloud Service Concept Study, Seminar Current Topics in IT-Management, Electives A, Electives B
- Semester 4: Master Thesis
You choose your two specializations from these modules: Agile Software Development Techniques and Methods, Applied Online Project Management, Business Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Cyber Criminality, Cybersecurity, Data Engineer, Digital Health, Digital Insurance, E-Commerce, IT Governance and Compliance, IT Law, Mobile Software Engineering, Organizational and Human Resources Development, Process Management and Operational Application Systems, Salesforce Consultant Specialization, Salesforce Developer Specialization, UI/UX Expert.
This is how flexible the standard period of study is in the distance learning Business and IT program
At IU International University, you choose one of 3 study models in part-time distance learning:
- In the full-time study, the standard period of study is 2 semesters for the 60 ECTS variant and 4 semesters for the 120 ECTS variant. You can extend the standard period of study by up to 2 semesters at no additional cost. The full-time study in business informatics is particularly suitable for those who are not working or only a few hours a week.
- In the part-time study I the standard period of study is 3 semesters for the 60 ECTS variant and 6 semesters for the 120 ECTS variant. You can extend the standard period of study by up to 2 semesters at no additional cost. The part-time study I is suitable, for example, if you work part-time in addition to your studies.
- In the part-time study II the standard period of study is 4 semesters for the 60 ECTS variant and 8 semesters for the 120 ECTS variant. You can extend the standard period of study by up to 2 semesters at no additional cost. The part-time study II is particularly suitable if you are strongly involved in your career in addition to your distance learning.
By the way, you can also take a leave semester during the course of study, at no additional cost.
How does online study at IU work?
In the Master's distance learning program in Business and IT at IU International University, there is no compulsory attendance - you learn continuously from home, in the library of your choice, or wherever you can learn best.
You take your modules and courses when you want. This usually gives you the flexibility to arrange your own study schedule and semester schedule.
Central to the IU distance learning program are your interactive learning scripts. You can get the scripts in printed form as well as digitally as PDFs and for your tablet. The smart app IU Learn gives you access to both the scripts for your degree in Information Systems and scripts from all other distance learning programs at IU.
You can also access supplemental materials, such as videos, through myCampus, IU's online campus. You can exchange information with your lecturers and fellow students in live virtual formats, for example, via the interactive courses.
And exams? If you wish, you can write them as online exams. You can take an online exam around the clock as soon as you feel sufficiently prepared for the subject matter. Alternatively, you can write the exam at one of the IU's numerous exam centers throughout Germany.