- No numerus clausus, no admission restrictions
- incl. internship abroad in the 3rd semester
- English-language Master's programme in small learning groups
The prerequisite for admission to this degree programme is a successfully completed Bachelor's degree (with a grade of "good" or better) with at least 180 ECTS credits or a comparable academic degree, such as a Diplom degree. In the case of a deviating grade point average, the ability to study can, if necessary, be proven by a separate selection interview.
If the Bachelor's degree programme has not yet been completed in full, 80% of the credit points to be acquired must already have been achieved at the time of application. The outstanding achievements must be completed by the time of enrolment at the latest.
In the previous Bachelor's degree programme, at least 60% of the ECTS credits should be allocated to business administration, tourism and/or media or communication science modules.
In addition, you demonstrate language skills in English at least at level B2 of the Council of Europe Framework of Reference or equivalent.
Study content and specialisations
The consecutive and application-oriented programme "International Tourism & Event Management" (M.Sc.), which is unique in its form in Germany, deepens the knowledge of business administration acquired in the Bachelor's degree and focuses on aspects of tourism and event management.
The Master's degree programme in English deals with relevant processes and disciplines of the international tourism and event industry. Current industry topics such as digitalisation and big data, innovation management, experiential marketing and crisis and security management are addressed and taught in an international and intercultural context. In addition, students deepen their business knowledge in areas such as international economics, leadership, human resources management, decision-making and financial management.
The curriculum includes the following modules:
- Semester 1: Tourism Trends & Issues, International Tourism & Event Management, Behavioural Decision Making, International Economics & International Management, International Marketing & Sales, Research Methods
- Semester 2: Crisis, Safety & Security Management in Tourism & Events, Big Data & Online Marketing in Tourism & Events, Experience Marketing & Design, Leadership & Strategy, Finance Management, Digital Innovations
- Semester 3: Consumer Behaviour inTourism & Events, Human Resource Management in Global Enterprises, Cross-Cultural Communication, International Experience
- Semester 4: Sustainability Management & CSR in a Global Context, Research Colloquium, Master’s Thesis
Study in Hamburg
The Fresenius University of Applied Sciences offers the Master's degree in International Tourism & Event Management at 1 location in Germany.
Hamburg: Hamburg, one of the most attractive cities in Germany, not only offers a wide range of cultural activities and countless opportunities for going out. The career prospects for the time after graduation are also excellent in Hamburg: logistics and trade, for example, are interesting industries, numerous advertising agencies and publishing houses are located there, and the healthcare industry is flourishing in the city of 1.7 million people. The Business & Media Campus of the Fresenius University of Applied Sciences is located on Alte Rabenstrasse, while the Business & Social Campus is on Lilienstrasse in Hamburg.